Viva becomes in
Discover a new payment option to keep flying at the best price
Viva helps you stay on budget by allowing you to pay the TUA later
- Book your flight today and pay the TUA later, which can make up to 60% of the cost of your flight
- Enjoy more trips
- Stay on budget
- Pay later without any additional cost
What is the TUA?
The Airport Departure Fee (TUA) is a charge that Mexican airports apply to all passengers for the use of the facilities and services of the terminal building.
- The amount varies depending on the airport where the flight originates. Prices can vary between destinations and change without prior notice.
- The charge is based on several factors such as your destination, whether the flight is domestic or international, as well as other factors in accordance with applicable Mexican Laws .
- The TUA applies only to passengers two years and older.
This is included in your ticket price
When purchasing a flight with Viva,
the amount paid is broken down as follows:
Your payment to Viva*
- Safe and reliable flights
- Low rates
- Extra services
- Printed boarding Pass
- Check-in and boarding staff
- Baggage Transport
What you pay to the airport
- Airport Departure Fee (TUA) with tax included
- Airport security
- Use of restrooms
- Use of boarding gates
- Public spaces and airport shops
What you pay to the government
- Taxes on the ticket price
- Taxes for additional services
- Additional taxes (international flights)
*Depending on the fare you purchased
Did you purchase a ticket and decide to pay the TUA later?
Complete the payment by clicking the following button
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What happens if I do not pay the TUA?
The TUA must be paid in order to check-in. If not paid, it must be collected at the Viva counters while checking-in at the airport.
It is essential the payment has been completed in order to travel.
Where can I pay the TUA if I did not pay at the time of booking?
You are able to pay before your flight on our website under My Flight section, Viva Stores, Call Center, or while checking-in at the airport.
What forms of payment are accepted for the TUA?
Learn about payment options on our website, Viva Stores, Call Center, or while checking-in at the airport.
Can I pay the TUA after my flight?
No. You must pay the TUA to be able to check-in. You can pay online or directly at the airport. If you do not pay the TUA you will not be able to travel.
How much does the TUA cost?
The price depends on each airport and the airport group which manages it. Here you can check the most up-to-date pricing.
How is the TUA factored into my fare?
The charge is applied for each outbound airport and for each passenger on the reservation. On a roundtrip flight, the TUA will be charged for the departure airport of each flight and for all passengers on the reservation.
Who is exempt from paying the TUA?
Passengers traveling under the age of two are exempt, as well as passengers making a connection, meaning the TUA is only paid on the departing and returning flight, not paid for the connecting flight segment. Passengers with a layover, less than 24 hours, arriving from an international destination, are also exempt from paying the TUA.
Terms and Conditions
- The Airport Departure Fee (TUA) may vary according to the departure airport, as well as the route and date of your flight.
- The TUA is based on Article 43, Section III Mexican Airport Law (Ley de Aeropuertos) and 134 of its Regulation (Reglamento de la Ley de Aeropuertos).
- Viva Aerobus acts only as a receiver of the TUA, due to the fact that the TUA is paid solely to the airport, it is not part of the contract between Viva Aerobus and the passenger.
- Without exception, all passengers must pay the TUA before going through security of each airport and boarding the aircraft. You are able to make the payment on our website www.vivaaerobus.com or at the check-in counters of each airport at the times established in point 12.1 of the full version of the General Terms and Conditions .
- The deferred payment of the TUA is available at the time of the purchase on: vivaaerobus.com in its Spanish version (Mexico). Prices shown include Base Rate plus Tax (VAT).
For more information, see our Terms and Conditions
TUA payment options
|Booking process||Pay later|
|Up to 72 hours before departure time||Before fligh check-in closes|
Credit and debit
OXXO and Banamex
Credit or debit
Credit or debit
Credit or debit
From two hours before the flight departure time