• In the first half of 2018, the airline reported a 18% increase in its number of available seats from / to Monterrey´s International Airport and estimates a growth over 20% by the end of the year in terms of capacity.
• The airline has launched 9 new routes from / to Monterrey in only 2 years.
• Viva Aerobus is the airline that offers the largest number of destinations from Monterrey, with a total of 30 routes.
31. Jul 2018
• Viva Aerobus will increase, starting in November, the number of frequencies offered on this route, going from 4 to 7 flights per week.
• As a result, Viva Aerobus will increase the offer of seats by almost 100% compared to the previous year.
• With this announcement, Viva Aerobus reinforces its leadership in Ciudad Juárez, being the co-leader airline with the most destinations from this city.
26. Jul 2018
• The airline also achieved a 23% growth in its operating revenue during 2Q2018.
• Viva Aerobus generated a 32% increase in EBITDAR this quarter, compared to 2Q2017, totaling 926 million pesos; as well as an increase of 47% in EBITDAR of the first half of 2018, with a total of 1,459 million pesos, in contrast to 1H2017.
• Viva Aerobus also reported a growth in its net income, this quarter, of 17% compared to 2Q2017, reaching 174 million pesos and a net margin of 8%.
• During 2Q2018, more than 2.4 million passengers were transported, an increase of 18% compared to the same period last year, achieving, in addition, a 92% load factor.
18. Jul 2018
• Viva Aerobus strengthens its fleet with the purchase of 25 new Airbus A321neo aircraft. • This order in addition to the existing purchase agreement made in 2013, now totaling 80 new aircraft. • Additionally, Viva Aerobus converted 16 A320neo aircraft, that were part of its previous order, to the A321neo model. • With this acquisition, Viva Aerobus renews and expands its fleet, becoming the second largest purchase made by the company, with a value of $3.5 billion USD at list price.Read more »
12. Jul 2018
• Passengers can now buy their tickets from $ 898 pesos to fly Toluca-Cancun and from $748 pesos for Toluca-Monterrey.
• More than 150,000 seats will be offered in the first year of service of these two new routes.
• Both routes will begin operations on October 19.
10. Jul 2018
• They are the first two of eight Airbus A320neo aircraft that the airline will integrate to its fleet during 2018.
• With this delivery, Viva Aerobus already has 26 aircraft: 22 Airbus A320ceo and 4 Airbus A320neo.
• The fleet of Viva Aerobus is one of the youngest and newest in Mexico, having the latest technology offered by Airbus in benefit of the reliability, safety and comfort of all passengers.
5. Jul 2018
• Passengers can now buy their tickets at prices starting from $1,198 pesos.
• The route will start operations on October 26 with three weekly flights, offering more than 60,000 seats during its first year.
• There are already 13 new routes of Viva Aerobus that start operations this 2018, reaching a total of 93 routes to 40 destinations.
27. Jun 2018
• This center is part of the new training services agreement between Viva Aerobus and Avenger Flight Group (AFG).
• The facilities will be located near Viva Aerobus´ headquarters in Monterrey, having the only Full Flight Simulator in the city.
• This alliance meets the commitment to safety, the constant expansion of the airline and the growing demand for passengers; as it also strengthens its ultra-low-cost business model.
19. Jun 2018
• This is the second international route of Viva Aerobus from Mexico City and will start operations on October 18th. • Viva Aerobus will offer a daily flight with prices starting from USD $99 • In its first year of operation, more than 132 thousand seats will be available to travelers.Read more »
14. Jun 2018
• This route will start operations on October 3rd with two weekly flights.
• More than 35,000 seats will be offered during the first year of operations at prices starting from $898 pesos.
• There are already 11 new routes of Viva Aerobus that start operations this year, reaching an offer of 91 routes to 39 destinations.
11. Jun 2018
• Viva Aerobus joins the recent celebration of “El Día del Zacatecano” (Zacatecas´s Day) with the announcement of this new route that will start operations on October 26.
• The airline will have a daily flight at prices starting from $898 pesos, offering more than 132 thousand seats in the first year of operations.
• With this new route, Viva Aerobus will start flying 10 new routes this year, reaching a total of 90 routes to 38 different destinations.
26. Apr 2018
• Mexico's ultra-low-cost airline transported 2.1 million passengers in 1Q2018, an increase of 30% compared to the same period of the previous year, achieving an 87.4% load factor, 0.8 percentage points higher than 1Q2017.
• Viva Aerobus increased by 27% the number of seats available in 1Q2018, proof of its commitment to expand a real ultra-low-cost alternative
• José Golffier joined as Chief Financial Officer of Grupo IAMSA and Grupo Viva Aer-obus, reporting directly to the CEO of the company, Gian Carlo Nucci
20. Apr 2018
• These announcements were made within the framework of the “Tianguis Turístico” (Tourist Market), part of the commitment of Viva Aerobus to promote strategic and affordable air connectivity for all.
• Puebla-Guadalajara will start operations at the beginning of September with 3 weekly flights (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) with prices starting from $ 598 pesos.
• At the beginning of July, the successful Puebla-Puerto Vallarta season route will be integrated into the regular offer with 2 weekly frequencies (Tuesday and Saturday) with prices starting from $ 998 pesos.
20. Apr 2018
• Viva Aerobus joins the promotion of Mexico within the framework of the “Tianguis Turístico” (Tourist Market) with the announcement of its new route Morelia-Michoacán at prices starting from $748 pesos, being the only airline that operates this route.
• The route will start operations at the beginning of October with two< weekly frequencies: Tuesday and Saturday.
• With this launching, Viva Aerobus already offers 91 routes to 37 different destinations, part of its commitment to promote affordable air connectivity.
26. Mar 2018
• Thanks to the investors’ confidence in the business model, the issu obtained a demand above the original objective.
• The short-term bonds have a term of 364 days and will pay a variable interest rate equal to TIIE (Interbank Interest Rate of Equilibrium by its initials in Spanish) + 0.85%.
22. Feb 2018
· Viva Aerobus reported its financial results of the 4Q2017 and 2017, showing, in both cases, increases in its operating revenue and passengers.
· In 2017, more than 8 million passengers were transported, an increase of 29% compared to the same period last year and with a load factor of 90%.
· Viva Aerobus closed the year with 88 routes to 37 destinations, launching 23 new routes and a fleet composed of 24 Airbus A320, one of the newest fleets in the world
20. Feb 2018
• The number of passengers from / to Monterrey increased by 21% between 2016 and 2017.
• Viva Aerobus is the operator with most destinations from / to Monterrey and will close 2018 with 30 routes.
• Thanks to its low fares and the highest load factor in the industry, 3 out of 10 seats offered in Monterrey are from Viva Aerobus.
7. Dec 2017
• The route starts operations on December 16 with a daily frequency and expects to transport more than 100 thousand passengers per year.
• With this new route, it is anticipated about $78 million dollars in annual economic impact in Las Vegas.
5. Dec 2017
• Viva Aerobus is the only airline that connects both destinations directly, without stops, and with prices starting from $928 pesos.
• Flights begin operations on June 2, 2018 with two weekly frequencies, on Tuesday and Saturday.
• With these new flights, Viva Aerobus closes the year with the announcement of 23 new routes, reaching a total of 88 routes to 37 destinations as part of its commitment to air connectivity at affordable prices.
8. Nov 2017
• Cancun-San Jose will begin operations on December 1st and Cancun-Chihuahua on March 27, 2018.
• On March 18, 2018, the recently announced Monterrey-Queretaro season route will be integrated into the airline's regular routes offer.
25. Oct 2017
• Net income reached 409 million pesos with a margin of 18%.
• Total operating revenues also increased by 21% compared to the same period of the previous year, reaching 2,279 million pesos.
• During 3Q 2017, more than 2.3 million passengers were transported, an in-crease of 17% compared to the third quarter of 2016, having a load factor of 91%. • For the third time in the year, our quarterly results reflect not only the strength of our business model, but also the work of all the team that collaborates day by day to strive for a strategy focused on customer service, cost reduction and revenue optimization: Gian Carlo Nucci.
20. Oct 2017
• Cancun-Chicago flights will start operations on February 17; and Cancun-New York-Newark flights will begin in March 31.
• Viva Aerobus will operate these 2 new routes in collaboration with the US tour operator Vacation Express.
• We continue strengthening our commitment to meet the needs of all types of travelers, in this case foreign travelers looking to enjoy the incredible beaches offered by the Mexican Caribbean through personalized travels: Juan Carlos Zuazua, general manager of Viva Aerobus.
9. Oct 2017Read more »
14. Sep 2017
• The new routes, which will offer flights until January 7, 2018, include Monterrey-Huatulco, Monterrey-Queretaro and Culiacan-Chihuahua.
• The seasonal route offer answers the growth in the number of passengers of these destinations, which represented an average increase of 76% between July 2016 and August 2017.
• Thanks to our unbeatable prices, travelers have the possibility to have more money to spend in their destination and enjoy this holiday season: Juan Carlos Zuazua.
8. Sep 2017
• Leon-Tijuana route will start operations on December 7 with three weekly frequencies.
• Viva Aerobus expects to transport more than 60,000 passengers during the first year of operation of this route.
• So far in 2017, Viva Aerobus has already added 14 new routes to its flight offer, reaching a total of 79 routes to 34 different destinations.
1. Aug 2017
• Culiacan-Tijuana route will start operations on November 1 with six weekly flights.
• Viva Aerobus expects to transport more than 90,000 passengers during the first year of operations of this route.
• So far in 2017, Viva Aerobus has already added 13 new routes to its flight offer, reaching a total of 78 routes and 34 destinations.
26. Jul 2017
• Viva Aerobus also reported a 29% increase in its net income compared to 2Q2016, reaching 149 million pesos with an 8% margin.
• During the 2Q2017, more than 2 million passengers were transported, a 46% growth over the same period last year, with a 91% load factor.
• Viva Aerobus closed 2Q2017 with the arrival of a new Airbus A320ceo and the opening of 5 new routes, with a total of 77 routes to 34 destinations.
• The second quarter of 2017 showed results that reflect an important advance in consolidating our strategy of being the most efficient and accessible airline connecting the main destinations in Mexico: Gian Carlo Nucci.
20. Jun 2017
• Viva Aerobus announces its new Guadalajara-Los Angeles international route.
• Customers can now buy their tickets at the best price, from $ 1,547 pesos (USD $85).
• More than 130 thousand seats during the first 12 months of operation.
• This new route will start on December 16.
15. Jun 2017
• With the arrival of this aircraft, Viva Aerobus already has 22 Airbus A320 aircraft in its fleet, increasing its aircraft order to 53 aircraft.
• Viva Aerobus operates one of the most modern fleets in Mexico and in the region with the highest standards of safety, comfort and quality thanks to the advanced technology of Airbus.
• Our fleet renewal is a key effort that strengthens our ultra low-cost business model and improves the experience of our cutomers: Juan Carlos Zuazua.
7. Jun 2017
• Passengers can now buy their tickets at the most competitive price on the market to fly both routes, which will start operations on August 21.
• Viva Aerobus is the Mexican airline that offers more destinations from Monterrey and the only one that will operate the Mexicali-Monterrey route.
• It is expected to transport more than 90,000 passengers in both routes per year.
9. Jun 2017
• Guadalajara-Los Cabos route will start operations on June 15 with two weekly fre-quencies (Monday and Thursday).
• Over 22,000 seats will be offered.
• This summer Viva Aerobus will increase its offer by 24%, offering almost 6 million seats to its customers.
9. Jun 2017
• It will offer an exclusive price on plane tickets, offer free insurances related to trav-eling and points for purchases.
• Includes a 15,000 points welcome bonus, equivalent to $ 1,500 pesos and the pos-sibility of paying air tickets in 25 months without interest.
9. Jun 2017
• 1.6 million passengers were transported during the first quarter of 2017, an in-crease of 38% over the same period last year.
• The airline reached a load factor of 86%, 4.5 percentage points above the first quar-ter of 2016.
• Viva Aerobus continues to increase its participation in the domestic market. Five new routes were launched during this first quarter with a total of 60 routes and 27 destinations.
• The start of 2017 has, one more time, highlighted the strength of Viva Aerobus' business model and its status as one of the most competitive companies in the Mexican airline industry: Gian Carlo Nucci.
9. Jun 2017
• Monterrey- Ciudad Obregon and Monterrey-Tijuana flights will start on June 20.
• The route Monterrey-Puebla will start operations on September 1st.
• Viva Aerobus is the Mexican airline that offers the most destinations from Monterrey and the only one that operates the route Monterrey-Ciudad Obregon.
9. Jun 2017
• During 2016, a net profit of 766 million pesos and a profit margin of 12% was re-ported.
• Total operating revenue increased 41% compared to the previous year, reaching 6,215 million pesos.
• Viva Aerobus completed its fleet modernization, finishing the year with 19 Airbus 320ceo and 2 Airbus 320neo, ranking among the most modern fleets in the country and the world.
• Viva Aerobus also finished the year with 65 routes and 30 different destinations, opening 5 new routes.
9. Jun 2017
• Viva Aerobus offers the best low-cost option to fly Cancun-Queretaro and Ciudad Juarez-Cancun routes starting next June 8.
• It is the airline with most routes from Ciudad Juarez and the second operator with more domestic destinations from Cancun.
• This summer Viva Aerobus will offer 22% more seats than the previous year.
9. Jun 2017
• The agreement includes the elaboration and diffusion of a Decalogue of Consumer Rights through the airline's communication platforms.Read more »
13. Jun 2016
• Navitaire will allow VivaAerobus to offer better service to its passengers.
• It will also be an important tool increasing sales and consolidating the airline’s ancillary revenue strategy.
1. Sep 2015
VivaAerobus is pleased to announce new flights from Tijuana to Mexico City and Guadalajara.Read more »
4. Feb 2015
VivaAerobus is pleased to announce that it has successfully placed 1 billion in peso-denominated senior trust bonds (CEBURS) in the Mexican stock exchange through an issuing trust.Read more »
17. Mar 2015
The first Beca San Patricio or St. Patrick’s Research Scholarship was awarded to Emer Clifford, PhD student at the Centre for Mexican Studies at University College Cork, unique centre of its kind in Ireland. The awarding of this scholarship is the result of a rigorous selection made by a group of distinguished scholars and will enable Clifford to undertake an investigation in Mexico on gender violence in visual Mexican culture.Read more »
21. Apr 2015
Mexican airline VivaAerobus has started service out of Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport’s International Terminal D, VivaAerobus officially launched service with the first of three weekly flights to Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico on March 28, 2015.Read more »
28. May 2015
Ultra-low-cost carrier VivaAerobus has taken delivery of its first new A320 following the aircraft handover at the Airbus Delivery Centre in Toulouse. The A320 is the first to be delivered from an order placed in 2013 for 52 aircraft (12 A320ceo and 40 A320neo), which is the largest single deal by a Mexican customer. VivaAerobus already operates six leased A320s and will become an all Airbus operator as it completes its fleet transition from 737-300s by early 2016.Read more »
22. Dec 2014
Following the call of the Communications and Transport and Tourism Departments to add VivaAerobus to its plan to increase passenger traffic to Acapulco and therefore contributing to the development of Guerrero, VivaAerobus announces successful results.Read more »
20. Nov 2014
VivaAerobus informs its passengers that additional security measures will be taken on Mexico City’s Airport surroundings on November 20, 2014 due to possible traffic complications and/or road closures.Read more »
18. Sep 2014
HURRICANE ODILE STATEMENT 9. Humanitarian aid flights update Los Cabos, latest update 10:28 p.m. on Thursday September 18 Mexico City.- VivaAerobus informs:Rescue flights itineraries for Friday September 19 Los Cabos.Read more »
11. Sep 2014
VivaAerobus, Mexico’s ultra low cost carrier, has chosen “Training By Airbus” to provide simulator training and courses for pilots, maintenance personnel, flight operations engineers and cabin crews in Miami and Monterrey, Mexico. The 10-year agreement includes more than 25,000 flight training hours for approximately 750 pilots. VivaAerobus, which is in the process of converting to an all-Airbus operator, has ordered a total of 52 A320 Family aircraft.Read more »
20. Aug 2014
VivaAerobus, Mexico’s ultra-low fares airline, announces round-trip services between Houston and Guadalajara and Houston and Cancun beginning Nov. 20, 2014 and Dec. 3, 2014, respectively.Read more »
18. Aug 2014
the Mexican ultra-low fare carrier VivaAerobus will offer four nonstop services between Monterrey and Las Vegas flying on Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday with fares starting at $99 each way.Read more »
20. Jul 2014
Rockwell Collins today announced that Mexico-based VivaAerobus has selected a comprehensive Rockwell Collins avionics package, including its MultiScan ThreatTrack™ weather radar and GLU-925 Multi-Mode Receiver (MMR), for 52 new Airbus A320 aircraft. Deliveries will begin in 2015.Read more »
13. Mar 2014
VivaAerobus, Mexico’s ultra low cost carrier, is pleased to announce the entry into service of its first Airbus A320s, a fact that marks a before and after in the airline’s history.Read more »
11. Feb 2014
VivaAerobus, Mexico’s low fares airline and leading ultra-low cost carrier, today announced that it has decided to postpone its initial public offering due to volatile market conditions.Read more »
30. Nov 2013
VivaAerobus reports passenger figures – November 2013Read more »
21. Nov 2013
VivaAerobus, Mexico’s ultra low cost carrier, announces its purchase agreement for 52 A320 Family aircraft from leading aircraft manufacturer Airbus. The deal, worth $5.1 billion USD at current list prices, will allow VivaAerobus to grow and replace its existing fleet and become an all-Airbus operator by the end of 2016.Read more »
31. Oct 2013
VivaAerobus reports passenger figures – October 2013Read more »
30. Sep 2013
VivaAerobus reports passenger figures – September 2013Read more »
31. Aug 2013
VivaAerobus reports passenger figures – August 2013Read more »
30. Jun 2013
VivaAerobus reports passenger figures – June 2013Read more »
2. Jul 2013
VivaAerobus, la aerolínea de bajo costo de México,confirma que se mantiene como la aerolínea líder en factor de ocupación en la industria de la aviación en México.Read more »