USA COVID Restrictions, learn more.
11. May 2021
• With this agreement, a voluntary carbon footprint offset program for passengers is created.
• Resources will be allocated to the project "Carbon, water and indigenous biodiversity" in Oaxaca.
• This alliance is a result of Viva Aerobus environmental culture The Future is Green.
9. Apr 2021Read more »
29. Mar 2021
• Granted by AMIB, Bancomext, BIVA, BMV and Nafin.
• This certification shows Viva's diligence and commitment to a good Corporate Governance, looking for long-term and sustainable growth.
22. Feb 2021
• The airline registered more than 2.9 million passengers in the 4th Quarter, a 59% increase vs 3Q2020.
• During this quarter, Viva became the 1st airline in America to resume 100% of its operational capacity in November and the 1st Mexican airline to grow its capacity.
• Operating revenue for 4Q20 totaled 3,237 million pesos, an increase of 76.8% compared to 3Q20.
7. Jan 2021
• 15% increase in passengers when comparing November 2020 vs. December 2020.
• Passenger figures during December approached to levels registered in 2019.
15. Dec 2020
• This certification is the result of the successful implementation of the “Viva Contigo” (Viva with You) prevention and hygiene program.
• The new routes to Ciudad Obregon, Chicago O'Hare, Durango and Los Mochis begin this week.
• Viva Aerobus has launched 15 new nonstop flights to / from Mexico City within the framework of the responsible reactivation of the air sector.
9. Dec 2020
• The agreement was signed by Marcos Achar, President of Visit México and Juan Carlos Zuazua, CEO of Viva Aerobus.
• This alliance promotes strategic destinations for the reactivation of tourism in Mexico and making it easier for passengers to find flight ticket at low prices.
• The agreement also includes training for Viva Aerobus staff in order to receive the ´Inclusive Airline´ certification.
4. Dec 2020Read more »
30. Nov 2020
• Viva leads the sector’s reactivation as the first Mexican airline that grows more than last year, with a 10% increase in its operating capacity compared to December 2019.
• 128 routes available this December: 103 domestic within Mexico and 25 international; more connectivity than last December.
• New nonstop flights from Mexico City to Durango, Los Mochis, Ciudad Obregon and Chicago start this month.
3. Nov 2020
• Passengers may change route, date or timing without extra fees, only paying for fare difference, if any.
• This decision builds on Viva´s commitment to flexibility for passengers, also materialized in the creation of ’TU Aliado’ and ‘Full Refund’.
28. Oct 2020
• Actions and commitments that make Viva Aerobus the greenest airline in Mexico.
• 1st airline in Mexico to separate waste during its flights for recycling.
• Viva is the airline with the lowest CO2 emissions per passenger in the country.
• Viva Aerobus receives its third highly eco-efficient Airbus A321neo aircraft.
26. Oct 2020
• Viva Aerobus now has counters within the CBX facility to offer its services to passengers in even more practical and agile way.
• Tijuana is one of Viva's main operational bases, where it currently offers 10 routes.
7. Oct 2020Read more »
8. Sep 2020Read more »
24. Aug 2020
• Fares starting from 159 pesos to fly to Merida between September and December 2020 and acquiring the ticket from August 24 to 30.
• Merida is the third destination benefitted by the “Viva for México” campaign, an initiative that has already promoted Cancun and Puerto Vallarta in order to contribute to the national tourist reactivation.
13. Aug 2020
• Route begins on September 17 with two weekly flights and fares starting from USD $150.
• Flights conducted on Airbus A320 aircraft, part of the youngest fleet in Mexico.
• Viva Aerobus has implemented disciplined sanitary protocols to strengthen its passengers’ confidence.
1. Aug 2020
• Donation from the Airbus Foundation to the Mexican Red Cross.
• The flight took place after the delivery of the third aircraft received by Viva Aerobus this year, a new Airbus A320neo.
• This effort, which meets the needs resulting from the pandemic, joins the 54 special flights of repatriation and essential work that Viva has operated in 18 countries in the Americas.
30. Jul 2020
• Operational growth of 10% compared to July.
• The airline offers more than 80 routes during August.
• Viva implemented initiatives taking care of its passengers’ economy at this juncture: ‘Zero Fare’ and ‘TU Aliado’.
24. Jul 2020
- Viva Aerobus implemented a strategy to adapt to current demand, reduce costs and capitalize opportunities.
- Cargo service favored the operation of the airline considering the drop in passengers of 83.6% compared to 2Q2019.
- This quarter was distinguished by innovations for the benefit of passengers materialized in new initiatives and products such as: ‘Full Refund’, ‘Zero Fare’ and ‘TU Aliado”.
1. Jul 2020
• Mexico City - Houston begins on July 16 with two weekly flights and fares starting from USD $135.
• Mexico City – Los Angeles begins on July 17 with two weekly flights and fares starting from USD $55.
• The airline offers 88 non-stop flights on July, focused on contributing to the economic and tourist revival through an offer characterized by low prices.
30. Jun 2020
• It’s the first delivery in Latin America of a new aircraft in the framework of the global pandemic.
• The aircraft will begin its commercial operation in early August.
• Viva Aerobus has the youngest fleet in Mexico with a 3.6-year age average.
24. Jun 2020
• Reactivation of Mexico City - New York, Guadalajara - Houston and Guadalajara - Chicago routes in July.
• Viva lunch a new route: Monterrey - San Antonio on July 3rd.
• Flight frequency increase: Guadalajara - Los Angeles and Monterrey - Houston routes at the end of June.
22. Jun 2020
• Discounts up to 60% on tickets to Cancun, flying between August and December 2020; purchase date: June 22 to 28.
• The campaign will run during 2020, adding new destinations with exclusive promotions and preferential flight rates in order to revive the national tourism sector.
• Possibility of winning free accommodation and recreational activities in the participating destinations.
15. Jun 2020
• Prior to the effects on demand due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Viva Aerobus kept its usual passenger growth with an increase of 18.4% in 1Q20 compared to 1Q19, reaching more than 2.8 million customers.
• Growth of 13 percentage points in the operating flow margin (EBITDAR) during 1Q20 vs. the previous year.
• Viva Aerobus will continue focusing on meeting the country's air connectivity needs, adapting its offer to current demand and under a disciplined adherence to prevention and hygiene measures.
14. May 2020
• Full Refund, provided by MAS insurer, protects passengers who have to cancel their flight due to unforeseen events such as illness, theft, accidents, adverse weather, among others.
• Protection guarantees 100% cash refund of the cost incurred when acquiring the ticket.
• Viva Aerobus is the only Mexican airline to offer an insurance option with such broad coverage.
30. Apr 2020
• The airline will operate more than 40 non-stop flights during May.
• Viva's top priority is the well-being, health and safety of all its passengers and personnel.
• Strategic destinations are connected, mainly from/to Cancun, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey and Tijuana, the airline's operating bases.
16. Apr 2020
• In order to adapt to current demand, Viva converts 10 Airbus A320 passenger aircraft into cargo planes, using cabin and lower compartments for this purpose. • Each aircraft has the capacity to transport up to 19 tons. • This effort also contributes to the efficient and reliable transportation of medicines, medical supplies and food used to attend the current health emergencyRead more »
10. Mar 2020
• New charter service in alliance with Merely Tours.
• Starts on March 28 with two weekly flights.
• Flights operated with Airbus A320 aircraft, which belong to the youngest fleet in Mexico.
6. Mar 2020
• The airline reported more than 950 thousand passengers on its 123 routes.
• In February, the company launched the new routes Monterrey - Orlando & Monterrey - San Antonio.
24. Feb 2020
• In 2019, Viva Aerobus exceeded its annual passenger record by registering more than 12 million customers, an increase of 20% that positioned Viva as the fastest growing Mexican airline.
• Viva Aerobus finished the year with 118 routes, inaugurating 23 new ones, and incorporated 8 aircraft.
• The company also reported positive results in 4Q2019 with a 20.9% increase in passengers and 23% growth in quarterly total operating revenues.
6. Feb 2020
• The airline registered more than 1 million passengers in its entire route network.
• Viva Aerobus´s capacity (ASK's) grew by 26% thanks to the increase in routes, frequencies and aircraft.
• In January, Viva announced two new routes: Cancun - Santiago de Cuba and Los Cabos - Nashville.
23. Jan 2020
• Viva becomes the first and only Mexican airline to fly, with a regular route, to Santiago de Cuba.
• These new flights start on March 26 and will operate once a week.
17. Jan 2020
• Sales, customer service and logistics will be responsibility of the provider Aerocharter.
• Viva Cargo coverage, at this initial stage, includes shipments among the 5 operational bases of the airline: Cancun, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey and Tijuana; as well as Queretaro.
• The objective of this new service is to meet the high demand of the sector; as well as diversify and expand ancillary revenue of Viva.
17. Jan 2020
• The airline will sponsor the men´s and women´s Monterrey soccer team during the Closing and Opening Tournaments 2020.
• Players will wear the Viva Aerobus logo on their socks for the first time at the Tigres-America´s match this upcoming Saturday.
9. Jan 2020
• The airline achieved a 20% annual growth, breaking its passenger record with more than 12 million customers.
• Last year Viva added 8 new Airbus A320 aircraft to its fleet, which is reaffirmed as the youngest in Mexico with an average age of 3.25 years and 36 aircraft.
• The growth of passengers, the addition of 23 routes to the portfolio and the increase in aircraft distinguished 2019 as a year of historical expansion for Viva Aerobus.
3. Dec 2019
• Viva registers in November, for the fifth time, more than one million monthly passengers transported.
29. Nov 2019
• Restart of Cancun – Newark, Cancun - San Jose de Costa Rica, Guadalajara - Houston, La Paz - Mazatlan, Monterrey - Huatulco, Monterrey - Ixtapa Zihuatanejo and Monterrey - Los Angeles.
• These services will operate between December 2019 and January 2019.
25. Nov 2019
• The agreement was signed by Eduardo Paniagua, president of the Mexican Association of Travel Agencies, and Juan Carlos Zuazua, CEO of the airline, with the presence of Alejandro Aguilera Gómez, Under Secretary of Planning and Tourism Policy of the Ministry of Tourism.
• The representative of the Ministry of Tourism said that this agreement creates a network of allies that allow a tourism boost through complete travel packages at affordable prices for travelers.
• The agreement was signed in the framework of the 13th anniversary of Viva Aerobus; being 2019 a year distinguished by the historical expansion of the airline.
5. Nov 2019Read more »
30. Oct 2019
• New charter service will begin on November 1st with 3 weekly flights.
• It is the second destination to Cuba from this city, joining the flights Cancun - Camagüey.
24. Oct 2019
• Total operating revenue totaled 3,964 million pesos and the EBITDAR totaled 1,519 million pesos.
• The airline achieved a 21% increase in passenger traffic 3Q2019 compared to 3Q2018, having transported more than 3.3 million passengers.
• The airline increased its capacity, measured in available seats - kilometers (ASKs), by 29% and incorporated 9 routes to its portfolio during this period.
23. Oct 2019
• Passengers may acquire tickets with up to 60% discount.
• Viva Aerobus is the first airline to implement this ticket acquisition scheme in Mexico.
• This new modality is part of the triad of initiatives that Viva has developed this year to improve travel experience, added to payments via Kueski Pay and Viva Fan membership.
10. Oct 2019Read more »
3. Oct 2019Read more »
4. Sep 2019Read more »
22. Aug 2019
• This new regular route will start operations on December 13 with three flights per week.
• The airline already offers a total of 118 routes: 100 domestic and 18 international.
• This milestone occurs in a context of growth for Viva, especially at domestic level. In July, Viva Aerobus positioned, for the 1st time, as the second airline with the largest number of national passengers.
15. Aug 2019
• Guadalajara, León, Monterrey, Morelia and Zacatecas will have flights to Chicago during the winter.
• These routes were planned with the main objective of serving the migrant community, as Chicago is one of the US cities with the largest Mexican population.
• With these new flights, Viva Aerobus will have integrated 22 routes during this year, reaching a total of 117 routes: 99 domestic and 18 international.
4. Aug 2019Read more »
24. Jul 2019
• More than 2.9 million passengers chose Viva Aerobus in 2Q2019, an increase of 24% compared to 2Q2018, with an average load factor of 90%, one of the highest worldwide. • Total operating revenue also registered an increase of 32.2%, with a total of 2,971 million pesos this quarter. • The airline growth its capacity, measured in available seats - kilometers (ASKs), by 30.8% and began operation on 9 regular routes and 2 seasonal routes.Read more »
4. Jul 2019Read more »
21. Jun 2019
• Steve Hill, CEO and President of LVCVA and Juan Carlos Zuazua, CEO of Viva Aerobus, celebrated the creation of a strategic and accesible connection.
• 2 flights per week with tickets starting from USD $76 each way.
• More than 38,000 seats offered during the first operational year, generating an economic impact of nearly 27.4 million USD in Las Vegas.
18. Jun 2019
• The engines will power the 41 new Airbus A321 neo aircraft. • In 2020 the airline will receive its first Airbus A321neo. • Juan Carlos Zuazua: "At Viva Aerobus, we always go for the latest advances in terms of safety, reliability and efficiency."Read more »
11. Jun 2019Read more »
28. May 2019
• Besides offering this new route in partnership with agencies and tour operators, the airline already sells these tickets directly from its different sale channels.
• The route will have two flights per week (Tuesdays and Saturdays) at prices starting from $115 dollars in single flight.
• Viva is the only airline that operates this route.
21. May 2019
• It starts operation as a regular route on June 2 with two flights per week.
• Passengers can buy their tickets starting from $76 USD in single flight.
• Near to $27.4 million dollars in annual economic impact in Las Vegas are anticipated with this new route.
7. May 2019Read more »
29. Apr 2019
• The airline was preferred as the flight option by nearly2.4 million passengers in this period, which meant a growth of 13.5% compared to 1Q2018 and with a load factor of 89.6%.
• The company strengthened its financial position with two successful placements of local notes; each for $1,000 million pesos.
• Viva Aerobus closed this quarter with one of the youngest fleets in the world, integrated by 30 Airbus A320 aircraft, with an average age of 3.8 years; and with 111 routes.
5. Apr 2019Read more »
28. Mar 2019
• This new communication strategy conveys the commitment and interest of the airline to enrich travelers’ experience.
• It is backed by a series of improvements in passenger service.
25. Mar 2019
• The routes Mexico City - Havana and Mexico City – Varadero will begin in April; and Monterrey-Havana and Guadalajara-Havana in June.
• These services will be offered in partnership with the travel agency Viñales Tours and will have one frequency per week.
• Viva Aerobus arrived to Cuba, for the first time, last January with Cancun – Camagüey route.
11. Mar 2019
• Mexico City - Oaxaca will begin operations on March 31st with three flights per week and with prices starting from $748 pesos (one-way).
• Mexico City - Hermosillo will also start on March 31st with a daily flight and with prices from $798 pesos (one-way).
• With this announcement, Viva Aerobus already offers 106 routes and 45 destinations, being a benchmark airline in expansion and growth in terms of passengers and flights.
8. Mar 2019
• Packages include tickets to the event, flights and hotel; in addition to dynamics through social media and during the festival to win flight tickets.
• As ambassadors of this show, Viva also baptized one of its aircraft with the name and image of Pa´l Norte 2019.
• It is the third time that Viva Aerobus participates as official sponsor of this event and will be the presenter of the “Surprise Stage”.
27. Feb 2019
• In 4Q2018 the number of passengers increased by 22.7% and with a load factor of 89.5%.
• These positive financial results were also present in the full year of 2018, registering a 34.6% growth in operating revenue.
• Likewise, Viva achieved an increase in the number of customers by 22.2% and a load factor of 90% throughout the year.
14. Feb 2019
• The resources will improve the company's debt profile and will be used to prepay the stock market debt issued in 2015, as well as to benefit the growth of the airline.
• The bonds have a term of 5 years and will pay interest at an annual rate equal to 28-day TIIE + 2.18%.
• This successful operation is another example of the investors´ confidence in Viva Aerobus business model.
9. Jan 2019
• This route, previously operated only during high season, will start operations on a regular basis on May 9 with two flights per week.
• The flights Puebla - Tuxtla Gutierrez will also be available during the Holy Week.
• With this announcement, Viva Aerobus consolidates its leadership as the airline that offers the largest number of destinations from Puebla (5) and Tuxtla Gutiérrez (6).
3. Jan 2019
• This figure implies an annual growth over 20% in terms of passengers.
• This was achieved within the framework of a year of key growth for Viva Aerobus, characterized by its expansion in routes, fleet and customers.
17. Dec 2018
• Miguel Torruco, Secretary of Tourism of the Federal Government; Mauricio Vila Dosal, Governor of Yucatan and Juan Carlos Zuazua, CEO of Viva Aerobus, celebrated the beginning of this new route.
• Villahermosa - Merida offers two flights per week with prices starting from $438 pesos in single flight.
• Viva is the operator with the largest route offer from Merida, already having 6 destinations: Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Veracruz and Villahermosa.
13. Dec 2018
• The Secretary of Tourism of Sinaloa, Óscar Pérez Barros, and Walfred Castro, Director of Corporate Communication of Viva Aerobus, announced that this new route offers four flights per week at prices starting from $ 578 pesos in single trip.
• Viva Aerobus is committed to connectivity in Sinaloa. It already has 10 routes for sale from / to the entity, considering two new routes announced this year.
• The airline reported a 34% growth in passengers from / to Sinaloa during January - October 2018 compared to 2017, having transported more than half a million customers.
6. Dec 2018
• Viva Aerobus, as official sponsor of the 4th edition of the “Festival del Puerto”, will present the winner of the "Viva Cortos" contest on December 9th.
• The participants of this contest produced short films that reflect what does the experience of flying and discovering new destinations represent.
5. Dec 2018
• This seasonal route will offer flights from December 17 to January 2 at prices starting from USD $107 in single trip.
• Through the airline´s connecting flights service via Monterrey, this route also allows passengers to connect with 30 endearing destinations in Mexico.
• The airline recently celebrated 12 years of service in Mexico, characterized by a differentiated proposal that combines low prices, a young fleet and a customer-focused approach.
30. Nov 2018
• More than 50 million travelers transported and a sustained growth in passenger traffic.
• 20 new routes for sale only this 2018.
• Viva launches promotions campaign for 212,000 seats.
27. Nov 2018
• Monterrey - Los Mochis, regular route which is only offered by Viva, will begin operations on April 2, 2019 with two flights per week.
• Monterrey - Zihuatanejo, seasonal route, will operate during the Holy Week 2019 on April 14, 16 and 20.
29. Oct 2018
• Alfredo del Mazo, Governor of the State of Mexico, welcomed Viva Aerobus’ new routes.
• Toluca - Cancun offers 3 flights per week with prices starting from $722 pesos in single flight.
• Toluca -Monterrey offers 4 flights per week with prices starting from $603 pesos in single flight.
26. Oct 2018
• Total operating revenue amounted 2,818 million pesos.
• The airline achieved a 21% increase in passenger traffic in 3Q2018 compared to 3Q2017, having transported near 2.8 million passengers during this period.
• Viva Aerobus reported a load factor of 91%, being one of the highest in the continent.
24. Oct 2018
• It is the second time that Viva Aerobus participates as official sponsor of this event, which will take place in Tijuana on October 27.
• Through social networks, Viva Aerobus will carry out multiple dynamics so that music lovers can win access to the festival.
23. Oct 2018
• Diego Gómez Pickering, Consul General of Mexico to New York City; Alfonso Sumano, Executive Director of Mexico´s Tourism Board in NY; Huntley Lawrence, Director of Aviation at the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey; Armando Subirats, Operation Deputy General Director of the Mexico City International Airport; Juan Carlos Zuazua, CEO of Viva Aerobus, among other authorities, celebrated the start of this new route.
• MEX-JFK is operated daily and with tickets starting from USD$100.
• In the first year of operation of this route, more than 135 million seats will be offered.
17. Oct 2018
• This is the third time that Viva Aerobus participates as an official sponsor of this event, which will take place in Guadalajara on October 19 and 20.
• Viva Aerobus will give 10 double tickets to enjoy the festival, including the entrance to Tecate Coordenada, Backstage with the artists and access to the VIP Zone.
17. Oct 2018
• The route starts on October 18 with a daily frequency.
• Passengers can purchase tickets from $ 103 USD in single flight.
• Viva Aerobus offers more than 135 thousand seats during the first year of operation of this new route.
15. Oct 2018
• Viva Aerobus will offer charter flights on its new route Cancun - Camagüey.
• Flights will begin operations on December 1st with 2 frequencies per week (Tuesdays and Saturdays).
26. Sep 2018
• Stops will be at the Monterrey International Airport, connecting passengers with more than 30 destinations from that city.
• Passengers can now buy their tickets for this service that will start operations on October 1st.
• With this announcement, Viva Aerobus exponentially increases its coverage, result of its commitment to air connectivity available to all.
25. Sep 2018
• Viva Aerobus announces its new international routes: Cancun – Cincinnati, Cancun - Charlotte and Cancun - Nashville.
• With these announcements, and for the first time ever, Viva Aerobus exceeds the hundred routes offer, reaching a total of 101: 89 national and 12 international to 43 destinations.
• The airline will operate these new international flights in strategic collaboration with the US tour operator Vacation Express.
13. Sep 2018
• Mexico City - Culiacán and Mérida - Villahermosa are integrated into the regular routes offer with prices starting from $ 748 and $ 698 pesos, respectively.
• Due to the high season corresponding to the end of the year, Viva Aerobus will also operate the temporary routes Monterrey - Los Angeles (from $ 118 dollars) and Puebla - Tuxtla Gutiérrez (starting at $ 898 pesos).
• With these announcements, Viva Aerobus already totals 98 routes.
29. Aug 2018
• Viva Aerobus will give free tickets and flights for "Luzia: Así soñamos México", the Cirque du Soleil show on its social networks.
• It is the second consecutive year in which Viva Aerobus sponsors a Cirque du Soleil show as part of its commitment to spread some of the most important festivals of the country's cultural scene, thus promoting national tourism.
15. Aug 2018
• In the first half of 2018, the airline reported a 18% increase in its number of available seats from / to Monterrey´s International Airport and estimates a growth over 20% by the end of the year in terms of capacity.
• The airline has launched 9 new routes from / to Monterrey in only 2 years.
• Viva Aerobus is the airline that offers the largest number of destinations from Monterrey, with a total of 30 routes.
31. Jul 2018
• Viva Aerobus will increase, starting in November, the number of frequencies offered on this route, going from 4 to 7 flights per week.
• As a result, Viva Aerobus will increase the offer of seats by almost 100% compared to the previous year.
• With this announcement, Viva Aerobus reinforces its leadership in Ciudad Juárez, being the co-leader airline with the most destinations from this city.
26. Jul 2018
• The airline also achieved a 23% growth in its operating revenue during 2Q2018.
• Viva Aerobus generated a 32% increase in EBITDAR this quarter, compared to 2Q2017, totaling 926 million pesos; as well as an increase of 47% in EBITDAR of the first half of 2018, with a total of 1,459 million pesos, in contrast to 1H2017.
• Viva Aerobus also reported a growth in its net income, this quarter, of 17% compared to 2Q2017, reaching 174 million pesos and a net margin of 8%.
• During 2Q2018, more than 2.4 million passengers were transported, an increase of 18% compared to the same period last year, achieving, in addition, a 92% load factor.
18. Jul 2018
• Viva Aerobus strengthens its fleet with the purchase of 25 new Airbus A321neo aircraft. • This order in addition to the existing purchase agreement made in 2013, now totaling 80 new aircraft. • Additionally, Viva Aerobus converted 16 A320neo aircraft, that were part of its previous order, to the A321neo model. • With this acquisition, Viva Aerobus renews and expands its fleet, becoming the second largest purchase made by the company, with a value of $3.5 billion USD at list price.Read more »
12. Jul 2018
• Passengers can now buy their tickets from $ 898 pesos to fly Toluca-Cancun and from $748 pesos for Toluca-Monterrey.
• More than 150,000 seats will be offered in the first year of service of these two new routes.
• Both routes will begin operations on October 19.
10. Jul 2018
• They are the first two of eight Airbus A320neo aircraft that the airline will integrate to its fleet during 2018.
• With this delivery, Viva Aerobus already has 26 aircraft: 22 Airbus A320ceo and 4 Airbus A320neo.
• The fleet of Viva Aerobus is one of the youngest and newest in Mexico, having the latest technology offered by Airbus in benefit of the reliability, safety and comfort of all passengers.
5. Jul 2018
• Passengers can now buy their tickets at prices starting from $1,198 pesos.
• The route will start operations on October 26 with three weekly flights, offering more than 60,000 seats during its first year.
• There are already 13 new routes of Viva Aerobus that start operations this 2018, reaching a total of 93 routes to 40 destinations.
27. Jun 2018
• This center is part of the new training services agreement between Viva Aerobus and Avenger Flight Group (AFG).
• The facilities will be located near Viva Aerobus´ headquarters in Monterrey, having the only Full Flight Simulator in the city.
• This alliance meets the commitment to safety, the constant expansion of the airline and the growing demand for passengers; as it also strengthens its ultra-low-cost business model.
19. Jun 2018
• This is the second international route of Viva Aerobus from Mexico City and will start operations on October 18th. • Viva Aerobus will offer a daily flight with prices starting from USD $99 • In its first year of operation, more than 132 thousand seats will be available to travelers.Read more »
14. Jun 2018
• This route will start operations on October 3rd with two weekly flights.
• More than 35,000 seats will be offered during the first year of operations at prices starting from $898 pesos.
• There are already 11 new routes of Viva Aerobus that start operations this year, reaching an offer of 91 routes to 39 destinations.
11. Jun 2018
• Viva Aerobus joins the recent celebration of “El Día del Zacatecano” (Zacatecas´s Day) with the announcement of this new route that will start operations on October 26.
• The airline will have a daily flight at prices starting from $898 pesos, offering more than 132 thousand seats in the first year of operations.
• With this new route, Viva Aerobus will start flying 10 new routes this year, reaching a total of 90 routes to 38 different destinations.
26. Apr 2018
• Mexico's ultra-low-cost airline transported 2.1 million passengers in 1Q2018, an increase of 30% compared to the same period of the previous year, achieving an 87.4% load factor, 0.8 percentage points higher than 1Q2017.
• Viva Aerobus increased by 27% the number of seats available in 1Q2018, proof of its commitment to expand a real ultra-low-cost alternative
• José Golffier joined as Chief Financial Officer of Grupo IAMSA and Grupo Viva Aer-obus, reporting directly to the CEO of the company, Gian Carlo Nucci
20. Apr 2018
• These announcements were made within the framework of the “Tianguis Turístico” (Tourist Market), part of the commitment of Viva Aerobus to promote strategic and affordable air connectivity for all.
• Puebla-Guadalajara will start operations at the beginning of September with 3 weekly flights (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) with prices starting from $ 598 pesos.
• At the beginning of July, the successful Puebla-Puerto Vallarta season route will be integrated into the regular offer with 2 weekly frequencies (Tuesday and Saturday) with prices starting from $ 998 pesos.
20. Apr 2018
• Viva Aerobus joins the promotion of Mexico within the framework of the “Tianguis Turístico” (Tourist Market) with the announcement of its new route Morelia-Michoacán at prices starting from $748 pesos, being the only airline that operates this route.
• The route will start operations at the beginning of October with two< weekly frequencies: Tuesday and Saturday.
• With this launching, Viva Aerobus already offers 91 routes to 37 different destinations, part of its commitment to promote affordable air connectivity.
26. Mar 2018
• Thanks to the investors’ confidence in the business model, the issu obtained a demand above the original objective.
• The short-term bonds have a term of 364 days and will pay a variable interest rate equal to TIIE (Interbank Interest Rate of Equilibrium by its initials in Spanish) + 0.85%.
22. Feb 2018
· Viva Aerobus reported its financial results of the 4Q2017 and 2017, showing, in both cases, increases in its operating revenue and passengers.
· In 2017, more than 8 million passengers were transported, an increase of 29% compared to the same period last year and with a load factor of 90%.
· Viva Aerobus closed the year with 88 routes to 37 destinations, launching 23 new routes and a fleet composed of 24 Airbus A320, one of the newest fleets in the world
20. Feb 2018
• The number of passengers from / to Monterrey increased by 21% between 2016 and 2017.
• Viva Aerobus is the operator with most destinations from / to Monterrey and will close 2018 with 30 routes.
• Thanks to its low fares and the highest load factor in the industry, 3 out of 10 seats offered in Monterrey are from Viva Aerobus.
7. Dec 2017
• The route starts operations on December 16 with a daily frequency and expects to transport more than 100 thousand passengers per year.
• With this new route, it is anticipated about $78 million dollars in annual economic impact in Las Vegas.
5. Dec 2017
• Viva Aerobus is the only airline that connects both destinations directly, without stops, and with prices starting from $928 pesos.
• Flights begin operations on June 2, 2018 with two weekly frequencies, on Tuesday and Saturday.
• With these new flights, Viva Aerobus closes the year with the announcement of 23 new routes, reaching a total of 88 routes to 37 destinations as part of its commitment to air connectivity at affordable prices.
8. Nov 2017
• Cancun-San Jose will begin operations on December 1st and Cancun-Chihuahua on March 27, 2018.
• On March 18, 2018, the recently announced Monterrey-Queretaro season route will be integrated into the airline's regular routes offer.
1. Nov 2017
• In one year, VivaApp would reach one million users and 10% of Viva's sales.
• The app will facilitate the booking and purchase of the tickets, as well as the check-in process and the use of the cell phone as a mobile boarding pass.
25. Oct 2017
• Net income reached 409 million pesos with a margin of 18%.
• Total operating revenues also increased by 21% compared to the same period of the previous year, reaching 2,279 million pesos.
• During 3Q 2017, more than 2.3 million passengers were transported, an in-crease of 17% compared to the third quarter of 2016, having a load factor of 91%. • For the third time in the year, our quarterly results reflect not only the strength of our business model, but also the work of all the team that collaborates day by day to strive for a strategy focused on customer service, cost reduction and revenue optimization: Gian Carlo Nucci.
20. Oct 2017
• Cancun-Chicago flights will start operations on February 17; and Cancun-New York-Newark flights will begin in March 31.
• Viva Aerobus will operate these 2 new routes in collaboration with the US tour operator Vacation Express.
• We continue strengthening our commitment to meet the needs of all types of travelers, in this case foreign travelers looking to enjoy the incredible beaches offered by the Mexican Caribbean through personalized travels: Juan Carlos Zuazua, general manager of Viva Aerobus.
9. Oct 2017Read more »
14. Sep 2017
• The new routes, which will offer flights until January 7, 2018, include Monterrey-Huatulco, Monterrey-Queretaro and Culiacan-Chihuahua.
• The seasonal route offer answers the growth in the number of passengers of these destinations, which represented an average increase of 76% between July 2016 and August 2017.
• Thanks to our unbeatable prices, travelers have the possibility to have more money to spend in their destination and enjoy this holiday season: Juan Carlos Zuazua.
8. Sep 2017
• Leon-Tijuana route will start operations on December 7 with three weekly frequencies.
• Viva Aerobus expects to transport more than 60,000 passengers during the first year of operation of this route.
• So far in 2017, Viva Aerobus has already added 14 new routes to its flight offer, reaching a total of 79 routes to 34 different destinations.
1. Aug 2017
• Culiacan-Tijuana route will start operations on November 1 with six weekly flights.
• Viva Aerobus expects to transport more than 90,000 passengers during the first year of operations of this route.
• So far in 2017, Viva Aerobus has already added 13 new routes to its flight offer, reaching a total of 78 routes and 34 destinations.
26. Jul 2017
• Viva Aerobus also reported a 29% increase in its net income compared to 2Q2016, reaching 149 million pesos with an 8% margin.
• During the 2Q2017, more than 2 million passengers were transported, a 46% growth over the same period last year, with a 91% load factor.
• Viva Aerobus closed 2Q2017 with the arrival of a new Airbus A320ceo and the opening of 5 new routes, with a total of 77 routes to 34 destinations.
• The second quarter of 2017 showed results that reflect an important advance in consolidating our strategy of being the most efficient and accessible airline connecting the main destinations in Mexico: Gian Carlo Nucci.
20. Jun 2017
• Viva Aerobus announces its new Guadalajara-Los Angeles international route.
• Customers can now buy their tickets at the best price, from $ 1,547 pesos (USD $85).
• More than 130 thousand seats during the first 12 months of operation.
• This new route will start on December 16.
15. Jun 2017
• With the arrival of this aircraft, Viva Aerobus already has 22 Airbus A320 aircraft in its fleet, increasing its aircraft order to 53 aircraft.
• Viva Aerobus operates one of the most modern fleets in Mexico and in the region with the highest standards of safety, comfort and quality thanks to the advanced technology of Airbus.
• Our fleet renewal is a key effort that strengthens our ultra low-cost business model and improves the experience of our cutomers: Juan Carlos Zuazua.
7. Jun 2017
• Passengers can now buy their tickets at the most competitive price on the market to fly both routes, which will start operations on August 21.
• Viva Aerobus is the Mexican airline that offers more destinations from Monterrey and the only one that will operate the Mexicali-Monterrey route.
• It is expected to transport more than 90,000 passengers in both routes per year.
9. Jun 2017
• Guadalajara-Los Cabos route will start operations on June 15 with two weekly fre-quencies (Monday and Thursday).
• Over 22,000 seats will be offered.
• This summer Viva Aerobus will increase its offer by 24%, offering almost 6 million seats to its customers.
9. Jun 2017
• It will offer an exclusive price on plane tickets, offer free insurances related to trav-eling and points for purchases.
• Includes a 15,000 points welcome bonus, equivalent to $ 1,500 pesos and the pos-sibility of paying air tickets in 25 months without interest.
9. Jun 2017
• 1.6 million passengers were transported during the first quarter of 2017, an in-crease of 38% over the same period last year.
• The airline reached a load factor of 86%, 4.5 percentage points above the first quar-ter of 2016.
• Viva Aerobus continues to increase its participation in the domestic market. Five new routes were launched during this first quarter with a total of 60 routes and 27 destinations.
• The start of 2017 has, one more time, highlighted the strength of Viva Aerobus' business model and its status as one of the most competitive companies in the Mexican airline industry: Gian Carlo Nucci.
9. Jun 2017
• Monterrey- Ciudad Obregon and Monterrey-Tijuana flights will start on June 20.
• The route Monterrey-Puebla will start operations on September 1st.
• Viva Aerobus is the Mexican airline that offers the most destinations from Monterrey and the only one that operates the route Monterrey-Ciudad Obregon.
9. Jun 2017
• During 2016, a net profit of 766 million pesos and a profit margin of 12% was re-ported.
• Total operating revenue increased 41% compared to the previous year, reaching 6,215 million pesos.
• Viva Aerobus completed its fleet modernization, finishing the year with 19 Airbus 320ceo and 2 Airbus 320neo, ranking among the most modern fleets in the country and the world.
• Viva Aerobus also finished the year with 65 routes and 30 different destinations, opening 5 new routes.
9. Jun 2017
• Viva Aerobus offers the best low-cost option to fly Cancun-Queretaro and Ciudad Juarez-Cancun routes starting next June 8.
• It is the airline with most routes from Ciudad Juarez and the second operator with more domestic destinations from Cancun.
• This summer Viva Aerobus will offer 22% more seats than the previous year.